Monday, October 09, 2006
The Weekly Michigan Reunion (of sorts)
- B-School classmate 'A' ('03) that I knew through another b-school classmate 'B' ('03), who I knew freshmen year because my roommate ('03) flew back to AA for winter semester and sat next to her (B) on the plane, and who (A) now works at a major financial services firm in New York
- Psych Honors program grad ('04) that I met during Greek Week 2003, who I used to see on a weekly basis before I decided I don't really like PACC, who is now a Ph.D. student in New York
- Michigan LSA grad ('02) and Law School grad ('05) that I met at fraternity rush years ago, who I didn't see again until senior year at a mutual friend's party, that I didn't see for another few years again until I found out he was dating aforementioned Psych Honors program grad above
- Michigan LSA grad ('03) who went on the Salamanca summer study abroad program with my roommate in 2001, and who works in real estate in New Jersey (I think)
- B-school classmate ('03) who I met at b-school orientation and saw sporadically since then, but not in over a year, who will be starting a new job in NYC later this month
- LSA grad ('05) that I met at a club meeting at U of M through her two friends that I drove from Ann Arbor to Florida with for spring break 2002, who coincidentally turns out to be one of my dodgeball team (!) teammates through another mutual Michigan friend
- 2001 grad that I never knew while at U of M, but who enjoyed the fact that I had some choice words for the University of Southern California, or U$C (they co-habitate PACC as their sports bar as well), who graduated law school in the spring and now works for "the good guys" in what I presume is the public law field
I will not claim that what I just wrote is coherent. But, I sort of wrote those descriptions of my encounters in the same language that I would speak about them as if you were standing right here next to me in order to emphasize the randomness of how I met some of my friends while at Michigan. Wouldn't you say that you have similar stories about meeting your Michigan friends?
Anyway, if you find yourself in New York during football season, drop by PACC and you might just find yourself reuniting with old friends and acquaintances that you walked through the fountain with at orientation or met at your first Detroit Project mass meeting. Heck, if you knew Amani Toomer, you might get lucky and see him at PACC watching his old team play.
Well, I am heading to State College, PA this weekend to see the Michigan-Penn State game in Beaver Stadium. I have no doubt that I will see some familiar faces at the game, and I will spend a lot of time figuring out how I met them while we were all students at U of M. Reunions are the best...you know, like the Real World San Diego reunion.
M Go Blue. Beat Penn State.